Friends of St Andrew's
The Friends of St Andrew's help to maintain the historic fabric of the church. They were formed in 1995 to help the church community meet the challenge of doing so.
The ancient church is at the heart of the village. Parts of it pre-date the Norman conquest of 1066. This wonderful building speaks of history, and is a regular place of worship.
A small annual donation gives membership and supports the ongoing maintenance of this fine building. Funds are applied solely to the “fabric of the church, its fixtures, fittings, furniture, stained glass, ornaments and other chattels”.
The Friends is a registered charity and run by volunteers who organise a number of fund-raising events each year.
To date the Friends have contributed tens of thousands of pounds towards repairs to the church roof, clock, stonework and guttering, and other projects. The congregation and the whole village community are hugely grateful for their support. The church is now in a fine condition, but building up funds is essential in preparation for the next inevitable bout of repairs.
If you would like to join the Friends or for further information please contact the treasurer Fergus Read on firstname.lastname@example.org.